TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
These are the terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") for use of this Site and its content.
If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should not use this Site.
ANY USER RESIDENT IN THE EUROPEAN UNION, BY USE OF THE SITE TO MAKE A DONATION, SUBMISSION OR SUBSCRIPTION TO, OR MAKE A PURCHASE FROM, ABS, UNAMBIGUOUSLY AND FREELY SIGNIFIES ACCEPTANCE OF ANY RESULTING TRANSFER OF THEIR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA. IF YOU ARE A USER RESIDENT IN THE EUROPEAN UNION AND YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OR CONSENT TO THE TRANSFER TO OR ANY OTHER USE BY US OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA, YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE SITE.
Terms and Conditions
- Grant of License. We are providing you with a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, revocable at our discretion, to use the Site. Except as expressly provided herein, we are not granting any express or implied right in the Site or any of its content. You may print and download from the Site solely for non-commercial use, provided you comply with the applicable copyright policy and any other applicable Terms and Conditions. If you download any content from this site, you may not remove any copyright or trademark notices or other notices that go with it.
- Prohibited Use. Except expressly permitted herein, you may not (a) modify, copy, distribute, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, create derivative works, or otherwise use or manipulate the Site or any of its content without our prior written consent; (b) use the Site or the information contained therein, including our trademarks, trade names, service marks, copyrights, or logos, to make or as part of unsolicited mailings or spam material; and (c) upload or send, using the Site, (i) any written or audio message or any still photo or video footage that:
- invades the privacy of another person or group (including the release of last names, addresses, phone numbers, or other personal information),
- is mean-spirited, unlawful, libelous, slanderous, defamatory, offensive, obscene, vulgar, hateful, pornographic, violent, insulting, threatening, abusive, misleading, deceptive, or bigoted (racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable),
- advocates or encourages violence against another individual or group or for someone or some group to commit an illegal act or use an illegal substance, or
- contains salacious or inappropriately negative comments about the Bible, Jesus Christ, any other religious sect, text or organization, or contains false or unauthentic text;
- Your Responsibility. YOU AGREE TO USE THE SITE SOLELY FOR YOUR OWN NONCOMMERCIAL USE AND BENEFIT. You guarantee that you will not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to attempting or actually (i) disrupting, impairing or interfering with the Site or any linked Web Site, (ii) collecting any information about other users of the Site or any linked Web Site, including registration information, passwords, accounts or other information, or (iii) systematically extracting data contained in the Site or any linked Web Site to populate databases for internal or external use of any fashion. You hereby agree to reimburse us for any expense we incur as a direct or indirect result of your violation of this guarantee. Understanding that the components, data, and features of the Site may be added to, modified, suspended, or discontinued by us without notice, you also agree to hold us harmless for any loss or inconvenience you may experience as a result of any addition, modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site, or any part thereof.
- Intellectual Property Rights; Right to Use; Modification of Site. (a) All material contained on the Site, unless otherwise indicated, is protected by law including, but not limited to, United States copyright and trademark law, as well as other laws and regulations. We refer you to Special Terms. (b) The Site, its content, layout and design are our exclusive property or the property of those from whom we have licensed it. In particular and without limitation, we own the copyright in the Site as a collective work and/or compilation. We also own the copyright on or hold a license for any databases accessible on the Site, and in the selection, coordination, arrangement, aggregation and enhancement of the content of the Site. If you believe the Site is infringing copyrights or other intellectual property rights held by you or by someone on whose behalf you are authorized to act, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. (c) Our logo, and all other names, logos, and icons identifying us and our products and services are our proprietary marks. Third party product and company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners. YOU MAY NOT USE ANY SUCH TRADEMARKS, TRADE NAMES, SERVICE MARKS, OR LOGOS IN ANY MANNER WHICH CREATES THE IMPRESSION THAT SUCH ITEMS BELONG TO OR ARE ASSOCIATED WITH YOU OR, EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN, ARE USED WITH OUR CONSENT, AND YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE NO OWNERSHIP RIGHTS IN AND TO ANY OF SUCH ITEMS.
- Assumption of Risk. You use the Internet solely at your own risk. The confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from a web site over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, we are not responsible for the security of any information transmitted via the Internet, the accuracy of the information contained on the Site, or for the consequences of any reliance on such information. ABS AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY AS TO THE ACCURACY, RESULTS, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, ANY ITEMS, SERVICES OR MATERIALS DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WIDGETS AND GADGETS), OR ANY RELATED MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR INFORMATION. In addition, while we may provide links to other web sites for your convenience in locating related information and services, these sites are maintained by third parties over which we exercise no control. Accordingly, we expressly disclaim any responsibility for their content or the services provided from them. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU—AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ANY ITEMS, SERVICES OR MATERIALS DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WIDGETS AND GADGETS), OR ANY RELATED MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR INFORMATION—FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless us, our licensors and suppliers, all of our affiliates, and all of our respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, legal representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from and against any damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' and professionals' fees and court costs) arising out of any third party claims based on or related to your use of the Site or any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions.
- Governing Law. These Terms and Conditions, including (without limitation) any disputes relating to the content the Site, whether sounding in contract, tort, statute or otherwise, are governed by the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law principles and without regard to the U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
- Dispute Resolution. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions, including any disputes relating to the content of the Site, whether sounding in contract, tort, statute or otherwise, shall be first subject to mediation and, if mediation is unsuccessful, finally resolved by legally binding arbitration in accordance with the Rules of Procedure for Christian Conciliation of Peacemakers Ministries. The place of the arbitration shall be New York, NY. The decision of the arbitrators shall be binding upon the parties hereto, and the expense of the arbitration (including without limitation the award of attorneys' fees to the prevailing party) shall be paid as the arbitrators determine. The decision of the arbitrator may be entered by any court of competent jurisdiction. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in the State of New York for the purposes of any judicial proceedings to obtain interim relief and in aid of the arbitration or judicial proceedings to confirm or enforce the award. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may seek preliminary injunctive relief from a court of law in the event of a breach by you.